You’ll agree on the thing that hair is the crowning glory of every individual and nobody wants to lose their hair at any cost. But unfortunately, a huge percentage of people in the world are getting affected by the hair-related troubles in their daily routine.
If you are also suffering from hair loss/baldness and you want an effective solution, then hair transplant can work the best for you. As hair transplant is a surgical procedure, so you must be acknowledged about all the aspects of this treatment.
If you are new to the hair transplant procedure and you don’t know much about it, then this article will surely help you a lot. We have compiled a complete guide to hair transplant in this article. So let’s get started!
Among all the hair loss treatments, hair transplant is the most effective one. It is because it allows the hair loss sufferers to get back their lost confidence and younger looks. However, it is a surgical treatment; therefore you need to consider many things.
This shifting of healthy hair from one region to the balding site is involved in the process of hair transplant. The roots of the hair are directly inserted to the recipient area which allows the follicles to grow naturally and permanently. The hair transplant procedures can be performed for the scalp, body as well as facial hair restoration.
The Complete Procedure of Hair Transplantation
As we all know that hair transplant procedure offers the permanent and natural hair growth solution to the issues like hair loss and bald spots. But do you know how this treatment works and provides a long-lasting hair loss solution?
Here are the steps which are included in the process of hair transplant surgery:
- Initially, the doctor will mark the donor and recipient sites and also, he will create a hairline design.
- Then after giving the local anesthesia, the extraction of hair grafts will be performed by the hair transplant doctor and the team.
- The extracted grafts will be stored in the special containers and the doctor will make your scalp ready for implantation by making the small incisions.
- With the help of special instruments, the stored grafts will be placed one by one into the incisions. To attain the precise results, the transplantation phase plays a big role as it requires great care and caution.
What are the commonly used techniques for hair transplantation?
Though there are many techniques to perform hair transplantation we’ll talk about the most widely performed methods. These commonly used techniques of hair restoration are FUE and FUT. In both the techniques, the implantation of hair grafts is identical, i.e. the doctor will transplant the grafts one by one in the balding area. The difference lies in the process of extraction.
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
In the FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) method, the doctors remove strips of tissue from the donor area and after extraction, cut these strips into individual hair grafts. The small incisions are then made in the scalp for the follicular unit grafts to be carefully inserted into the recipient areas. The FUT method leaves linear scarring in the donor area.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is the modern technique of hair transplants and is usually favored by patients because it leaves minimal scarring. For FUE hair transplant, the individual hair follicles are removed directly from the patient’s donor area, which is typically the back and sides of the head and afterward, moved to the transplanting site using a specialized micro surgical needle.
The Post-Operative Care
The post-operative care is mandatory to get the best out of your hair restoration procedure:
- Eat healthy food and don’t take the medicines empty stomach.
- Follow the proper sleeping pattern with your head elevated and use a soft pillow while sleeping.
- Avoid smoking and alcoholic products for a few weeks after the hair transplant surgery.
- Protect your head from sunlight and pollution. Before stepping out of the home, cover your head with a loose cap or you can also use an umbrella while stepping out.
- For 10 – 15 days after the surgery, do not indulge yourself in heavy physical activities like gym, weight lifting, running, etc.
About the Cost of Hair Transplant
The hair transplant cost and results may differ from person to person. It is so because everyone has their specific scalp conditions and requirements, such as the grade of baldness and the count of grafts to be implanted. After consulting with your doctor, you can get to know about the overall cost for your hair transplant surgery.
If we talk about insurance companies in different countries, then the majority of companies do not cover hair transplant surgery as hair transplantation is included in the category of cosmetic procedures.
Choose the Right Clinic and Surgeon
There are two important things about the hair transplant surgeon. First is the Qualification of a doctor. The qualification of the surgeon shall be recognized by the medical council of India. Also, he should be illegible to do a hair transplant.
Another important factor is the surgeon’s experience for hair transplant. Many times, the doctor might be qualified to do a hair transplant but he is not having good experience of it or might have just started without much training. Thus, qualification and experience of hair restoration are must for a good hair transplant surgeon.
Also, the hair transplant clinic must have all the latest tools and equipment that are used in performing effective hair restoration treatment. So, instead of regretting your decision, you can get a positive transformation in your looks by opting for the right hair transplant doctor and clinic within your reach.