One of the most attractive parts of our body is hair. Whatever type of hair you may have, be it long or short, straight or curly, healthy hair is always desirable. A shiny and gorgeous hair changes our personality altogether. For that you must properly take care of your hair. Here are some ways mentioned below which you can follow in your daily routine to get a lustrous hair-
- Proper Washing of Hair:
Most of us think that washing hair regularly is necessary for a healthy hair. But it’s a myth. It would cause dryness in your hair and also damage its natural oil. Wash your hair every alternate day or twice a week. Also, be cautious about using shampoo. Always use a good branded shampoo, which suits your budget.
- Use of Paraben and sulfate free shampoo:
Always buy a shampoo that does not contain either sulfate or paraben. These two chemicals are extremely harmful for your hair. Paraben is one kind preservative which is very common ingredient for shampoo. Also, use of sulfate causes excessive lather.
While choosing shampoo you must be concerned about your hair type. You may buy hair softening shampoo if you have curly and coarse hair. Any type of hair transplant procedure or putting color damages your hair to a certain extent. Therefore it is obvious that, you need a shampoo with extracts or amino acids for colored or treated hair. If you have dry hair, you can buy a shampoo consisting of glycerin and collagen. It helps you to regain some moisture into your hair.
- Use of a good conditioner is also very important for the health of your hair. It is suggested to use appropriate conditioner after every hair wash. Apply conditioner on hair after shampooing and leave it for two to three minutes. Then rinse it well. Tea tree or lavender oil conditioner is suitable for fine hair as experts opine. For medium to thick hair, you can use a moisture content conditioner. Homemade hair conditioners are also helpful to nourish your hair.
- Before washing with shampoo rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar. Mix one part of vinegar with three parts of warm water and rinse. Do this process twice a year. It will help your hair to look shiny and clean.
- Moisturizing your hair is also very important. Mix equal proportion of almond, castor, olive and lavender oils. Apply the mixture and leave it for overnight and take a shower. Repeat this process twice a week.
You can use some homemade hair masks as mentioned-
- Egg, curd and mustard- These are enriched with vitamin A, B12, D and E. Very helpful for dry hair and also adds volume to your hair.
- Use two teaspoons of amla, shikakai, fenugreek, triphala and brahmi Mix with two eggs and apply all over the hair. Leave it for 40 to 50 minutes. Then wash. It strengthens your hair and prevents premature hair greying.
- It is advised to dry your hair naturally. After washing, wrap your hair with cotton cloth. Do not use a towel as it contains rough fabric causing damage to split ends and fizziness. Don’t brush your hair while it is wet. It makes your hair brittle and weak. You can use a wide tooth comb to detangle your hair. Avoid blow drier as heat always cause damage to hair. If you use drier, always set it to operate lowest temperature.
- Brushing too much may be harmful for your hair too. Rigorous brushing may cause damage to your hair strands and split ends. In every six to eight weeks, trim your hair about one fourth inch above the splitting.
- Frequent coloring, perming, crimping, straightening, curling may affect health of your hair. Do it occasionally. Too much use of harmful chemical damages your hair.
- Avoid tight rubber bands pulling back your hair. Hair may get snagged with rubber band and rip out the follicle.
- Always eat healthy. Make sure your diet has plenty of vitamin C as it strengthens your hair. Make sure to take whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables every day. Also, consumption of iron rich food helps to transfer oxygen to blood vessels and repairs tissues. Generally, doctors suggest to take daily 12 mg of iron. Protein also helps to strengthen hair follicles. Take complete proteins like cheese, milk, soy, peas, lentils etc. enriched with amino acids.
- Excessive physical and mental stress is not good for the health of your hair. Stress can cause hair loss and also increase greying of hair at young age. Hence always try to overcome stress. You may try some yoga, meditation for reducing daily life stress.